COLORED STONE BASICS
Man has used natural materials as ornamentation ever since he the dawn of civilization. Sheer beauty of natural crystals would have attracted man when he went around hunting or exploring his surroundings. Chance finding of colorful stones made him treasure these objects. Over centuries, these beautiful pieces, the natural gemstones, came to be regarded highly in terms of value. So the gems became precious! And there has been no looking back.
All the gemstones, other than diamonds, are now commonly termed as “Colored Stones”. These include both- the inorganic and the organic gem materials.
You can have a smooth start in learning about gemstones with a short-duration course – “COLORED STONE BASICS” which will give you the most essential information. In fact, you will start looking at gemstones with a very different ‘eye’ and will acquire the confidence even to sell gemstones!
WHAT YOU LEARN
- Basic facts about gems and their attributes
- Fundamental knowledge of the gem parameters
- Important types and categories of gems
- Marketing, retailing, treatments, synthetic gemstones
WHAT YOU EARN
- ACGS COLORED STONE BASICS CERTIFICATE
PROGRAM CONTENT IN BRIEF
- Introduction to gemstones and their study
- Significance of Color and Phenomena
- Significance of Clarity, Cut, and Carat Weight
- Market pattern of colored stones
- Treatments, Synthetics, Imitations, and Disclosure Ethics
- Retailing of colored stones
24 Classroom hours spread over 6 working days
Rs. 10,000/- ( For complete details, refer to Fee Table)