DIPLOMA IN GEMOLOGY
Gemstones never fail to fascinate. Centuries of human history reveal the fascination of civilizations with colored stones of diverse nature. There are hundreds of different gemstones, coming from nearly all continents of the globe. See the wonder world of colored stones unfold at ACGS, getting an insight into their origin, the great variety they exhibit, their properties, and how to identify them.
Pick up correct techniques and practice with hundreds of actual gemstones using standard gemological equipment, under guidance of an experienced instructor.
Further, this program enables you to get into position to use your product knowledge in actual trade practices to be a successful business professional.
- Properties of gemstones.
- Identifying most of the common gemstones.
- Use of standard gemological equipment to identify stones.
- The gem pipeline.
- To distinguish between natural and synthetic gemstones.
- Relationship between quality, rarity and value.
- How the gemstone market functions.
DIPLOMA IN GEMOLOGY
PROGRAM CONTENT IN BRIEF
This comprehensive program has three broad segments:
- All important gemstones seen in the marketplace
- Historical background, where relevant
- Composition and properties
- Key identifying features
- Market and trade
- Concepts and Principles
- Basics of gem science
- Origin and nature of minerals and gemstones
- Crystallography basics
- Physical properties
- Optical properties
- Gemstones under magnification
- Advanced techniques in gemological studies
- Synthetics & Simulants
- Gemstone Treatments
- Techniques of observation.
- Using different instruments – Refractometer, Polariscope, Dichroscope, Microscope, Spectroscope, UV Lamp, Electronic SG balance.
- Correct procedures and precautions
- Precise identification
Lectures and practical work go hand-in-hand
200 classroom hours spread over 50 working days
Rs. 95,000/- only ( Refer to Fee Table for complete details)